3808 Fair Oaks Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Mobile: +1 650-814-4017
Championing needs & leading teams together to make profitable things happen for us, our partners and customers!
Innovative problem solver. Especially proficient with drawing global,
multi-corporate, cross-functional teams together and leveraging their combined strengths. Delivering growth by aligning
customer needs with business priorities.
Positions - Industry experience from 1983 - present
Technical Marketing Manager, EFI - Foster City, California (2008 - present)
· Reduced model-specific effort to integrate embedded and server Fiery digital print controllers with Digital StoreFront web-to-print ecommerce SaaS clouds 80% by migrating to industry standard JDF/JMF XML web service interface, enabling over 250,000 cross-selling opportunities.
· Save 4 hours per month for 100+ internal and 3rd party partners by developing and deploying Virtual Machines (VM) with latest stable builds for development, demonstration and integration efforts.
· Eliminated cost and overhead for systems by implementing VPN with live systems for 3rd party development.
· Removed hardware bottleneck for testing by devising and documenting procedure to deploy model-specific VM’s on LabManager, enabling remote teams in India to share workload, which decreased average time to reproduce bugs 30%.
· Growing emerging market by actively participating in CIP4 international standards organization and implementing CIP4 JDF XML web service interface for 100+ Fiery digital print controller models, encouraging over three dozen 3rd parties (e.g., Agfa, Kodak, Heidelberg, Dainippon Screen, etc.) to add Fiery controller web services support to their applications.
· As Agile Product Owner, leading team in India to maximize engineering bandwidth and align resources with market priorities.
· Developing PRD’s, MRD’s, road maps and go to market strategies to bring new products and features to market.
· Conducting competitive product evaluation projects and ongoing research to map development efforts to market needs.
Senior Product Planning Manager, Electronics for Imaging - Foster City, California (2003 - 2008)
· Enabled incremental revenue stream by planning and managing PrintMe SaaS real-time cloud printing web service implementation on embedded and server Fiery digital print controllers.
· Leveraged user personae, scenarios and usability testing to deliver customer-targeted solutions to market.
· Reduced 15 hours of manual work per week by adding automatic specification generation to existing tool.
· Managed multiple, concurrent projects by leveraging wiki infrastructure to align cross-functional teams with specifications, success metrics and goals. This significantly reduced bug report cycle time, enabling teams to focus more on new features rather than bugs based on out of date specifications.
Technical Solutions Manager, Harlequin/Global Graphics Software - Scottsdale, Arizona (1997 - 2003)
· Decreased embedded and server project implementation time 30% by documenting agreed-upon specifications and managing communication between customers and development teams for projects running on VxWorks, Linux, Solaris, IRIX, Windows, Macintosh and custom embedded operating systems.
· Developed and delivered training programs that decreased customer ramp-up and time to product release up to 60%.
Technical Support Manager, Digital PrepressWare, Inc - Redwood City, California (1995 - 1997)
· Negotiated with film and plate manufacturers to provide new customers with 10% savings on prepress supplies.
· Increased margin 10 - 35% by setting up and maintaining favored vendor relationships with over 60 manufacturers.
New Product Engineer, Current, Inc. - Colorado Springs, Colorado (1993 - 1995)
· Evaluated and made suggestions to take a 50-employee division from a net loss to 68% profit.
· Realized $150,000 yearly savings by reducing instruction sheet costs 88%.
· Reduced postage costs 30% by modifying job specifications to align with weight restrictions.
· Saved $72,000 in yearly labor costs by configuring mainframe access and a DOS costing system for Windows.
· Saved $68,000 per year and reduced costs 70% by bringing production of printed polyethylene bags in house.
Papiermacher, Knoeckle u. Schmidt - Lambrecht/Pfalz, Germany (1992)
· Production work on a fourdrinier machine and installing and configuring a computerized defect detection system.
Sales Representative, 3M Image and Reprographic Systems Division - Los Angeles, California (1991)
· Captured multi-year supply contracts by identifying and meeting customers' needs for supplies and digital imaging equipment.
Director of Printing, International Outreach, Inc. - Atascadero, California (1988 - 1989)
· Reduced printing costs and increased flexibility by setting up complete in-house print shop, including my first digital prepress integration and training and managing an entirely volunteer work force.
Web Publications Manager, University Graphic Systems - San Luis Obispo, California (1988 - 1989)
· Reduced labor costs 25% by devising and implementing new methods, reducing roll change times 97%.
· Doubled press capacity for a
process color newspaper by developing new webbing configurations with Rockwell
Education - Complements industry knowledge and contacts
· Scrum Alliance – CSPO Certified Scrum Product Owner & CSM Certified ScrumMaster, 2012
· Stanford University – Advanced Project Management Certification, 2007 - 2010
· Cal Poly SLO – BS Graphic Communication/Printing Management, 1992
· Universität Heidelberg – One year upper division coursework, 1989/1990